Thursday, June 6, 2013

Matt's Top Five SEC Quarterbacks

1. Johnny Manziel, TAMU
2. AJ McCarron, ALA
3. Aaron Murray, UGA
4. Connor Shaw, USC
5. Tyler Russell, MSU

What do you say about the quarterbacks in the SEC? There are quite a few superstars that its tough to come up with a top five and not second guess it.

Many people feel Johnny Manziel won't be able to have a season like last season. And even if he doesn't, I can't justify not putting him as number one.

I feel that McCarron and Murray can really be interchangeable in the number two and three spots. Both have a lot of talent, and have a superstar team around them.

Connor Shaw has proven that he can make plays with his legs as well as his arm, but you have to question how healthy he can stay. He got beat up quite a bit last season, and I figure it'll be the same this season as well.

Finally I put Tyler Russell at my number five spot. Mississippi State is amidst some controversy currently, and they may be looking at some NCAA and self-imposed sanctions. But I don't see that slowing Tyler Russell down from getting it done on the field.

Florida's Jeff Driskel and LSU's Zach Mettenberger came close to making my list. Both seem to be very good players, which in the SEC, is definitely impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment